1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photoshop question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigpern23, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Can a user simply purchase Adobe Photoshop as a program or do you have to sign up for the monthly Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud service?

I just want to buy the program, but on Adobe's website, I seem to be only able to sign up for a monthly service. Any help would be appreciated.

2. JamesCimburek

JamesCimburek New Member

You might have to go on Amazon and buy an older version. The newest version is in the cloud package. We're dealing with the same issues.

3. bigpern23

Ugh. Ridiculous to make it a subscription service.

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I had to buy an old upgrade from CS4 to CS5 in order to get the web design software without having to buy a full (albeit older) CS5, which would have essentially duplicated Photoshop and InDesign (and Illustrator, which I have used for about 45 seconds in my life).

Amazon has a handful of Photoshop CS6 available, which is the final version released on disc, as far as I can tell

5. bigpern23

Thanks, DM. I'll check it out.

6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Now that I think about it, it seems I have seen standalone Photoshop CS6 sold instore at Best Buy relatively recently. My earlier post referenced Creative Suite Design Premium

Draft saved Draft deleted