1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photoshop CS3

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by spikechiquet, May 12, 2007.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife has played with it at work (she's a computer tech) and there is a function that makes cutouts a breeze. Anyone using it yet?

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

CS3 is incredibly buggy right now, and most photogs I know are holding off until they get some issues worked out.

I guess that was the long way of saying I haven't used it.

I have used InDesign CS3 and loved it.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What do you like about InDesign CS3, UT?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

For those of you thinking about borrowing this product from Morpheus...don't. There isn't a clean file available. All the files named Photoshop CS3 are viruses. Just thought I'd give people a heads-up after I figured out trying to download another version of photoshop how to determine what's a virus and what isn't.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

CS3 has been installed in all of our photographer's computers, laptops, etc.
    I haven't heard anything -- good or bad -- about it, yet.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

All the things I liked about CS2.

Seriously, I am a big fan of the whole Creative Suite, and the way it all goes together makes me happy.

I was using IDCS3 on a PC, so it's hard for me to make a direct comparison with my CS2 experiences on a Mac. Most, if not all, of the things frustrating me in CS3 were PC v. Mac issues, not CS3 v. CS2 issues.

I'll give this some more thought and give a more thoughtful answer.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife is a tech at a university, so we got it really early and I use it for when I take shots near home and don't want to wait to get them done at work.
    I haven't had any problems with it, but I use the barebones stuff too (crop, re-size, curves, etc.) I do like the red eye eliminator, it will be great for basketball season. I think CS2 had that...but we don't have a very new version of it at work, so I'm waaay ahead of the curve working at home.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

If you mean 'Refine Edge,' I just found it (got CS3 earlier this week). It's positively dreamy.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Flash: I'm jealous!

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I just bought the CS3 Design Suite Premium.

Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, all for $360 with my student discount.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

You got a honey of a deal, UT! The CS3 Pro comes with a few other programs but I can't remember what they are off the top of my head. I'll have to try fiddling with ID next week.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

It was a good day to be a student.

The labs in our building are all upgrading to CS3, which I'm pretty excited about.

Draft saved Draft deleted