1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photographer/sports reporter, Whitefish, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, May 16, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Can't say I know much about the job itself, but it's in one of my favorite overpriced Montana towns (my grandparents still live there). Big Mountain is a fairly major ski resort that gets nationals every few years. High school in town is fairly large. That's really all I've got.

Paper is Hagadone, and a few years back they were paying about $10 an hour at the Flathead Valley weeklies. No clue what it would be now.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=266556

2. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket New Member

Good town, good sports, low pay, high prices and some of the worst management possible.
    As mentioned, Hagadone purchases souls for $20k or less and limits website updates to once-weekly as a company policy.
    If you want to get it in, get your clips and get out, then this is a beautiful place to spend a summer. You won't be able to afford a lift ticket or much else come winter, tho.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My ex-girlfriend (the toothpaste girl) lives there. It's a very beautiful town. I don't know anything about the job. Sorry.

4. sportschick

She does? Her name wasn't Amy, was it?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

What constitutes overpriced in Montana?

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No.

Spnited: It's pretty damn pricey in Whitefish - I'm sure not as bad as NYC - but expensive.

Also, in a smaller town like Whitefish, there wouldn't even be a shitty place to live if you didn't want to pay high prices. Such as a Flushing.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I could've made Whitefish if I'd put 15 more miles behind me.

8. sportschick

$500K for two bedroom shack that needs a lot of work. Bozeman and Whitefish are insanely overpriced. I think housing prices in Bozeman are on par with housing prices in Boston.

Draft saved Draft deleted