1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo Shop vs. Picasa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Before I download Goggle Picasa, I would like some input, and here's why. I have a high school senior this year, and I took the senior pics last weekend. I'd rather do the touchups at home rather than bring them to work to use Photo Shop. (Our version of Photo Shop at work is ancient.)

I've heard some raves about Picasa, and of course I like the cost (FREE!), but will it do decent touchups? There's not much to touch up on the portrait pics we decided on, but there is a little bit.

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

We have used it for simple stuff, but we aren't very good at that stuff, so it's really all we need.

If it turns out that it wont do what you want, you're out no money and you might be able to get by with with buying Elements, which I think is like a hundred bucks.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I use Picasa strictly as an online photo album. One of the things I like about it is that if I take a photo with my Google Phone I can upload it directly to Picasa.

I've never used Picasa to do any touch-up work so I can't offer an opinion regarding that capability.

Draft saved Draft deleted