1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo Printer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Anyone have recommendations on a photo printer? My needs are fairly simple. I want nice glossies up to 8 by 10 and some black-and-white text docs now and then.

I have an Epson Stylus C62. I don't think I paid much for the thing. It doesn't print worth shit these days, and the ink cartridges don't last long.

I'm looking to spend up to $300 on a nice printer.

Or maybe I should just load photos onto a CD and go to Walgreens?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Get an all-in-one cause it's very handy -- 4-in-1 is better if you need to get faxes. HP is pretty good. I have a 6210 and it works fine; Ms. Slappy just bought a 3-in-1 I think a 4280 or 5280 and like it too.
    More expensive ones are going to have six ink cartridges; cheaper ones two -- a CYM and black and you can usually get a photo cartridge that swaps the blacak with more colors.
    You should be able to stay under 200...

3. Canon. Canon. Canon.

You should be able to get a very good multipurpose (print, copy and scan and sometimes fax) for under $200.

If you're REALLY into printing photos, then they start to get more $$ - like $500 to $800.

I have relatives who are really into computers and design and they associate with a lot of photographers and my relatives tell me that ALL the photographers swear by Canon (inkjet) printers.

Draft saved Draft deleted