1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo Editor -- Daily Sentinel in Nacogdoches, Texas,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

The Daily Sentinel in Nacogdoches, Texas, is looking for a skilled photojournalist to take and manage photos for the 8,000-circulation daily newspaper. The person filling the position will shoot news, features and sports photos; organize the photo schedule; manage image storage; and be an integral part of telling the stories of Nacogdoches County. Professional photography experience is preferred. Knowledge of video a plus. Nacogdoches is home to Stephen F. Austin State University and the Texas Blueberry Festival and is known as "The Oldest Town in Texas." Send resume, cover letter and portfolio of at least 15 images to Editor and Publisher Rayanne Schmid at rschmid@dailysentinel.com.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1215961

2. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I haven't been posting on here too long, which probably leads to this question. What field are most people on this board in -- writing, editing, photography, etc.? I would like to share as many postings as possible because someone may find a job, but is it worthwhile posting photography or (copy) editing ones at smaller locales? (I'm working under the assumption that most of us are writers.)

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

This is mostly a writing board, but you never know. I can vouch for Kevin Gore though. He's good people.

Draft saved Draft deleted