1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phony Soldiers Say: We're not kicking ass.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 27, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

We're [audio and transcript redacted] ass!

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Because Flying Headbutt wishes it were so.

3. They want to incinerate Jews?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Am I going to Hell for laughing at that?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No, I wish Rush were far more supportive of dissenting views. That's what I wish. Tony, you seem like a pretty fun guy and are probably a hell of a guy to hang out with. And I've long and often said I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for some of the things Limbaugh has done over the years to become the success he's made himself. But despite that, I don't often agree with what he says. I wish he was less of a water carryer for the GOP, as he admitted shortly after the elections last year, and spoke his mind out about what he really believed.

But a leopard doesn't change his spots. And having heard what Rush said, full context and everything, no matter how others on the right try and spin it, it's exactly what he said. Look, I'll call it the way I see it. Heck, I fully intend to vote Republican at the state and local level, but Democrat beyond that. So I'm not left-wing looney. And Limbaugh said exactly what he said, and meant it too.

But beyond all that, how about the article? Did anyone else react the same way I did to it?

6. Nope, but if I did believe in the afterlife, I'd wish a trip to hell for those who flippantly use the term "Nazi" without any regard for what the term represents.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ever hear of the term "Inside joke"? It happens when people have a history. You can claim all you want about a transcript, but the transcript doesn't include previous segments or shows. People who listen to his show knew exactly what he was saying. They knew he was referring to McBeth and guys just like him. He'd done a morning update on it the day before. You are choosing to ignore that simply because you don't like him.

8. Oh, so it's the secret Rush code in which he was speaking, Or in those frequencies only Dittoheads can hear.
    Sorry.
    He didn't cobble together the lame excuse, and the edited transcripts, until after it hit really hit the fan. The idea that he's fundamentally too decent and honorable to have done what he clearly did is laughable. Ask Michael J. Fox. And the way he responded -- fake tapes, threadbare alibis -- are of a piece with a number of other examples of his public cowardice.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oh, please ... how many times have liberals of the moveon.org or daily kos stripe thrown around Nazi and Hitler in relation to Bush? Give me a fuckin break.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How many times were they right to use it as well?

11. Gee, I don't know, hondo, but I suspect that the Good Doctor is not one of them.
    Look, over here, shiny keys and an irrelevant non-parallel!

12. Fuck them, too. And fuck you for putting me on a side.

Draft saved Draft deleted