1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phony Soldiers Say: We're not kicking ass.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/26/AR2007102602402.html?hpid=topnews

This says it all right here. It's going to happen whether we're there or not, so I don't see the point of letting our soldiers get killed in the middle of it.

2. Um, what makes them PHONY soldiers?? Does it say in there somewhere that's not their real name? Or are you implying they're phony because they're not gung-ho about the mission?

3. Flying Headbutt

Rush told me that if they don't back the war 110% then they aren't real soldiers. I don't see a lot of "rah rah rah, shish boom bah" going on.

4. Gotcha. I try not to listen to Rush. He's more damaging to brain cells than an eightball chased with a fifth of jack.

5. Flying Headbutt

A good friend of mine is over there right now. He's had some nice things to say, and some uninspiring things to say about what he's seen. Ain't no one over there, no one, phony. Which is why I added that I don't see the point of even bothering with wasting one more American life.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Don't you know Rush didn't call them phony soldiers? He was taken out of context. He was talking about Jesse McBeth.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's easy to plop one's grotesquely-fat ass in the big chair, stick a long, brown, Connecticut-wrapper pacifier in your face, and pontificate about phony soldiers.

Slob.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it true that in order to send Rush an email you have to join a Rush fan club and pay money?

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have a close friend in 1/18. He's ready to come home and see his wife, who's in my unit.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He never said that. He was referring to people who falsified their service records. You know it. I know it. Everyone else knows it. Find another argument.

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

No, he said he was referring to one soldier who falsified his service record, yet he used the plural term "phony soldiers." There's a distinction, and it leaves room for interpretation.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Again.

He said it then tried to cover it up in his usually cowardly fashion by pretending it only referred to the guy who falsified his records.

Why don't you find another mouthpiece?

Backing this fraud is intellectually embarrassing---or it should be.

Draft saved Draft deleted