1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phone Call of the Day – non sports

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Sep 29, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

I recently started taking calls at a paper a day or two a week. Took one the other day, "Yea, I'm at a dinner party and we have a small bet that we hope you can solve. Why is it in your paper Tom Brady's position is always listed as QB/QT? Had to explain to him that it's only in the gossip column where they do that and it's a play on words. So he's like, yea, that's what I thought, these people want to send me to Iran for it, they think I'm nuts.

Five minutes later, I take a call, same party, another guy wants to hear the story for himself.

Tonight, guy calls in and asks why a 2005 Red Sox-Orioles game is on instead of tonight's game. I tell him I'm watching tonight's game now. Told him he should call the tv station (never wish I had remembered the number of my old employer more than that moment).

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

BWUHAHAHAHA! You are definitely the wittiest person on this board and we should all vote to rename the web site www.bigdogisadickhead.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted