1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phoenix radio guy calls Tomlin his "hero" during Monday's press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SnoopyBoy, Feb 2, 2009.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Some guy who identified himself as John Holmberg from Phoenix had the last question for Steelers coach Mike Tomlin during Monday's press conference and really embarrasssed himself. This is how he prefaced his question, which was broadcast live on TV:

"I took a beating this week trying to be an impartial media member, but I'm a Steeler fan. So let me say from all the fans' perspective you're now as important to me as my own father. You're my hero, great work. Sorry about that. I know I'm not supposed to say that."

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gag.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Then what's he doing wearing a Cardinals jersey in his promo shot?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Does a DJ count as a journalist? I never though so.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

In my perfect little world, press conferences have a bouncer and I've got the bounce button.

And Google ads don't mess up my page loads.

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

The Phoenix broadcast media was on top of their game last night. One TV reporter referred to the Cardinals as "we" -- as in, "We were so close to winning." This was after they ran an ad of the entire newsroom cheering on the Cards decked out in jerseys, hats, etc.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Many of them had been Cardinals fans for two whole weeks.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hoped they kept the tags on them so they can return them now. In a town known for everyone being from somewhere else, being covered by a profession where everyone is from somewhere else, rooting for a team from somewhere else, playing in a game being played somewhere else. Makes perfect sense to me.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, my foot would have SO met his ass.

11. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Haha, exactly. The same goes for the rest of the Valley. I hate "sports fans" here.

DanOregon, you're exactly right. A few months from now, if the Coyotes somehow manage to have enough money to keep paying players/staff and make the playoffs, they'll probably run an ad cheering them on in their new 'Yotes gear. Blah.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Do any of them wear a Gretzky Coyotes jersey if that happens on his watch? I bet it does.

Draft saved Draft deleted