1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philly Fed prez: Recovery to start in second half of '09

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 14, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL

Saved for posterity.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

LOL.... How can the verb "may" be saved for posterity?

Aside: every time I see LOL.... I think of Scholastic Rock jamming about adverbs.

3. poindexter

Any talk of "bottom" in January 2009 is asinine, even if covered with weasel words like "hint" and "may".

Especially commercial real estate. That shit right now is like subprime in August 2007.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

100% right. At my bank, we just received our new guidelines for CRE. We are treating it in 2009 the same way we treated residential real estate in 2008.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Right.

That why I said "bottom has been reached" after "may"

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just a load of garbage to keep all the sheep from rioting in the streets.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Saved for posterity.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A few more tweaks and we should be good to go

9. poindexter

Except I won't qualify it with "may" and "hint".

Save this one:

There is no fucking way in January 2009 that the bottom has been reached in commercial real estate.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

CRE is going straight to hell as we speak.

11. Simon_Cowbell

I know you aren't using "may". This is your white whale.... your windmill.... can't back off now.

Believe me, if anyone on this board has been in that position, it's me.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Haven't the Fed guys been wrong about nearly everything in recent years? Not sure why we should start trusting em now.

The stuff I've been reading recently suggests that we still haven't hit the worst of the real estate crash, for example here's a couple pieces I just saw on that theme:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-johnson-and-james-boyce/double-bubble-double-trou_b_161357.html?ref=patrick.net
    http://www.alternet.org/workplace/121846/the_next_real_estate_crisis%3A_shuttered_stores_and_empty_malls/?ref=patrick.net

We're still facing another tidal wave in the foreclosure epidemic, I've a hard time seeing the economy stabilizing until that mother load of toxic assets has been cleaned up and reabsorbed into the economy at prices that are actually sustainable this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted