1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philly Doctor Facing 8 Counts Of Murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Two of the greatest single moments of my life were holding my newborn daughter and son for the first time. Minutes into their lives. Probably less than five. To think of some person severing a baby's spine with scissors ...

Enjoy hell motherfucker.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How did this asshole manage to practice for this long? Seriously? No one decides to call the cops, or report him to the AMA?

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Wow. The doctor doesn't seem to get that killing live babies is murder.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110121_Abortion_doctor_surprised_by_denial_of_bail.html

Abortion doc Kermit Gosnell, who is accused of killing one patient and seven infants at his West Philadelphia clinic, was surprised when he was denied bail at his arraignment yesterday.

"Is there some cause to believe I'm a risk or might flee?" he asked District Judge Jane Rice.

Rice explained to Gosnell, 69, that there is no bail for murder - and he was facing eight counts of it.

"Is it possible you could explain the seven counts?" he asked, while on closed-circuit television from Police Headquarters. "I understand the one count because of the patient who died but not the others."

The others were for babies who were born alive and viable, well past the state law allowing abortions for the first 24 weeks, and whose spinal cords he allegedly cut with scissors.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is that what you play when you master the cowbell?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is how your article starts:

He belongs in jail even if he had performed abortions the right way.

He has no regard at all for his patients or for human life in general.

6. YankeeFan

Sadly, I think the grand jury nailed it:

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

This "doctor" murdered viable newborns with gruesome glee. And doesn't it seem safe to say that in 15 years, this probably happened many, many, many times more than the seven infant deaths they filed on?

This "doctor" is a serial killer.

He is potentially one of the most prolific serial killers in American history. And it's hard to imagine any serial killer who's ever had more innocent victims. It's hard to even think about what he did.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if Philly DA looks at possibility of mothers being complicit to murder.

9. YankeeFan

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Again, you'd have to prove that the women knew they were going there to give birth, and have the doctor kill it outside the womb, instead of just going there to have an abortion.

Did they know what the standard procedure for an abortion was? Did they know that the doctor's procedures weren't up to standard? Heck, they were even under sedation, supposedly. The President himself signs paperwork transferring power when he is under sedation.

And since this doctor was so half-assed, odds are he doesn't have paperwork with every T crossed that would be evidence to use against the women.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Still should be investigated and not dismissed out of hand.
    This would not be much different than having the baby and having her boyfriend toss it in the dumpster. Negligence of the law has never been known to hold up in court too well.

Some of girls went to this Doctor after other Doctors refused because it was too late in term. Certainly there would be records of those cases.

12. YankeeFan

I think Baron's mostly right, but it has been reported that he performed illegal late term abortions.

But, no matter the case, I think prosecutors would be very leery of prosecuting the women invoved.

Big Abortion would never stand for it.

Read this article: http://articles.philly.com/2011-01-21/news/27041098_1_abortion-doctor-abortion-clinic-one-treatment-room

This woman sought help from Big Abortion, but received none. Big Abortion does not want any investigations into abortion providers for fear of what they might find.

Does anyone believe this guy is the only doctor who has killed fetuses/babies who survived a botched abortion? (Not that these were technically "botched", this is how he planned to do them. But I wouldn't doubt that there are others doing it this was as well.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.