1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philly Doctor Facing 8 Counts Of Murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wish I could unsee this thread.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Taking a cue from farmerjerome, I'll declare that I am pro-life.

But I think we can all agree there is no need to argue the abortion issue in this thread. What this guy was doing was not abortions even by the loosest Planned Parenthood definition.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This asshole can burn in hell. I very rarely get worked up about such things, but this got to me. That is unconscionably evil.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They're talking about this on MSNBC. It's really difficult to hear.

The investigation took a year. I can't imagine how hard it was for the investigators to be patient and build a case rather than moving in earlier and shutting it down.

It's still hard to believe he operated like this for so long without getting busted.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Old Tony is right.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If there was a list of worst human beings alive today, I think think we know one of the members.

This is staggering. I cannot imaginie him living long enough to be killed by the state.

And this is just the start.

Who are the women that was having this done? Eight months?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Surprised that MSNBC would even bring up. It's bad for business.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

All this bastard does is give "justification" to the next yahoo that kills a doctor who performs safe, legal abortions while he's at home, at church, etc. The line to shoot this guy forms behind the Planned Parenthood crew.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

If the allegations are true -- and it looks like they are -- I hope the doctor burns in hell and I'm confident he will. And that the rest of his time on earth will be jsut as bad.

But get ahold of yourself. You are aware of the concept of "right to counsel" and "presumption of innocence" aren't you? Because if someday you ever end in the wrong place at the wrong time when something bad goes down, or maybe you get in the car after a wedding thinking you're sober but you hit someone and blow a .08, you certainly won't be thinking your lawyer is a "piece of shit" for trying to make sure you have a fair proceeding. And you certainly would feel differently about people similar to yourself right now suggesting you don't have the right to representation and that anyone who would represent a piece of shit like yourself is a piece of shit too.

10. Sad on so many levels. I cringed when I saw the report on CBS news last night . . . should have taken the cue from Curic when she warned that kids should leave the room. I should have gone with them.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm anti-abortion leaning myself, but can definitely see this being trumpeted as "the way things are" by radicals.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm going to agree with X-Hack here, Double J. A lot of people here need to understand that the defense attorney's role (at least in real life, not television) is not always about seeing that his client wins a not guilty verdict. It's about making certain that the rule of law is being followed. Yes, I think, assuming the evidence here is not wildly fabricated, that this doctor is a sadistic person who should be prosecuted. But the reason we don't "take him out in the alley and put a bullet in his head" as A_QB put it, is we need to make certain prosecutors are always following the law when putting EVERY person on trial. Brennan is this man's defense attorney, and yes, that's a job that will make your stomach churn if you do it long enough, but it's a very necessary job for a fair legal system to work. That's the cost of living in a civilized society, be it the United States, Canada or other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.