1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philly airport is broke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Feb 24, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

None of the flight information monitors in the terminal or at each gate are working...and I must admit - I am having a good time watching the amateurs freak out.

2. Business as usual in Philly!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh God! It's Y2K!!!!

4. part-timer

part-timer Member

I thought maybe the Street Brothers were back in business there...

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Doesn't matter. You're still going to wait an hour on the runway to take off anyway.

6. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

interesting thing about philly airport ...

half the terminal is in philadelphia and the other half - i think terminal A, B and part of C - is in tinicum township

so if you work at the au bon pan in terminal F, you have to pay the philly wage tax -- is it 4 1/2 percent or so?

but if you work at the au bon pan in terminal A, you're not subject to the philly wage tax, and you're taking home close to a thousand bucks less a year

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I just flew into Philly tonight, around 6 or so, and I didn't notice anything unusual.

I'm an idiot, though, so it's possible I just missed it all.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I was there from 7PM-8:40...the problem was fixed by 8:10 or so, but the floor show was amusing in the F terminal.

Draft saved Draft deleted