1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philly Abortion Dr Verdict

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 13, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is the point when everyone switches sides on the argument

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Different cirumstances, but it did happen with the West Memphis Three

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/aug/19/west-memphis-three-free/

And for this guy convicted of growing and selling medical marijuana:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/medical-marijuana-provider-williams-rejects-post-conviction-plea-offer/article_3b9d9ed3-d087-5863-a410-a6c28ba4b288.html

Doesn't happen too often, but like I said, I'd imagine they'd offer him a life in prison deal if he agrees to drop all appeals. Of course, by the time he went through the appeal system for a death sentence, he would probably be dead anyway.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sort of a hallow victory for the pro-life crowd me thinks.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Give him the needle. And I don't care if he's fuckin' Ninety-three years old.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm consistently pro-life for innocent babies.

Convicted murderers? Particularly this one? Like I said, just a little snip at the base of his neck.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

He has been sentenced to life in prison.

7. Are there guilty babies, because you cannot have innocent babies without having guilty babies?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130514_ap_convictedpaabortiondoctorgetslifeinprison.html

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Like I said, he could have dragged this out and wasted a lot of taxpayer money had they given him the death penalty. He would have died in prison anyways.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wasting away in prison is a far worse fate for this murdering bastard, so lock him up. No need to hasten his demise.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

But he didn't murder anything that wasn't recently a fetus, so what's the difference?

I mean, in or out, the baby is not convenient for the mother, kill it, that's what abortion is........

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Tell that to the family of Karnamaya Mongar of Woodbridge, Va., a 41-year-old Bhutanese immigrant who had been given repeated doses of Demerol and other powerful drugs to sedate her and induce labor.

Draft saved Draft deleted