1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phillippe=Two-Face, Hoffman=Penguin In Next Batman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, Aug 16, 2006.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

From imdb:

Phillippe Lands Two-Face Role?
    Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Who is Catwoman?

And if you want to laugh your arse off, watch the old Batman movie with Adam West when he and Miss Kitka are getting randy. Some of the funniest stuff you'll see.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's starting to sound like a very crowded cast....one of the problems in the last run of movies.

Maybe they'll play Harvey Dent straight in this movie and have him become Two-Face in a later film.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Anybody else think "Dustin" when you saw "Hoffman"?

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I hope the report is wrong. I just want a hardcore Batman vs. Joker movie -- no Two-Face, no Penguin. I want to see them turn "The Killing Joke" into a movie. I want to see a skinny-ass, shithouse crazy Heath Ledger using a straight razor to carve grins in people's faces.
    If they do introduce Catwoman, in a future movie -- Angelina Jolie, Rosario Dawson or Jessica Alba in the outfit Michelle Pfieffer wore in "Batman Returns".

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Speaking of which, has she disappeared from the face of the earth or have I simply not noticed her fliks for a few years?

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

She hasn't made a movie in four years, but she's got one movie coming out this fall and one on tap for the spring.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That is one of my 3-year-old son's favorite movies, especially the scene with the freaky shark at the beginning. That version completely outdoes all the other Batmans, with the exception of the one with Danny DeVito and the gorgeous Michelle.

"Holy Heart Failure, Batman!"

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I found that old Batman movie in the $5 DVD bin at Wal-Mart and grabbed it knowing my little kids would love it. Listening to the dialogue from the front seat of the minivan while they watched in the back is a pretty good way to find out just how silly and funny the script and acting was. You know those actors had a blast making that movie.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The DVD commentary on it is fabulous. Adam West never stopped playing Batman, I don't think, because even 30 years later, reflecting on the movie, he sounds like he's probably wearing the mask off camera.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had heard it was between Cusack and Phillipe for Two-Face...

Hoffman will be a perfect Penguin...

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's what killed the Burton/Schumacher franchise: too many (mostly lame) villians, too many side characters.

Draft saved Draft deleted