1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phillip Rivers robo-stumping for "Man on Dog" Santorum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

"Fighting to protect the unborn and traditional marriage in America..."

http://tvider.com/view/78424

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet Tebow is a Santorum guy too.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What's an unborn marriage?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Fighting to uphold the asshole/redfaced/screaming-QB tradition in America . . . "

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, and no knock on any poster here, but if we're going to complain about athletes never taking a public position on anything in order to protect their endorsements, it seems to me we have to praise Rivers for his conviction even if we disagree with his politics.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You were on the other side of the Tim Thomas argument.

What makes this different? Are you more sold that Rivers has an actual thought?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not true.

I thought Thomas's "protest" was cowardly. He announced his "stand", then refused to answer questions about it.

8. cortez

cortez Member

He's from Alabama. What do you expect?

9. Mizzougrad96

I agree.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess it's fine and dandy that Rivers is willing to take a stand, but I have to swallow pretty hard to praise him for taking a stand against gay marriage. History will not judge him or anyone else on that side of the debate kindly. See: Rupp, Adolph.

11. Mizzougrad96

The QB from the team I used to cover is a republican and he was going to do a robo-call encouraging the locals to vote for a local candidate and the PR department (wisely) talked him out of doing it.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It'd be really interesting if someone on the Chargers came out of the closet and then confronted Rivers on why he felt he was entitled to tell him who he can and cannot marry.

Draft saved Draft deleted