1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phillies Joy Watch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Sep 28, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

Alright you guys are right. Let this thread die and we'll just forget about it.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Nice attempt to get me to jinx the Cubs, old man. But I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

yes. I can still hear the screams -- and what's worse is they were my screams (fucking Mitch WIlliams)
    [/quote]

Man, did that one suck. I hated the Blue Jays and then fucking Mitch Williams existed.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

yes. I can still hear the screams -- and what's worse is they were my screams (fucking Mitch WIlliams)
    [/quote]

Are you like me, Slappy, and among the thousands who think the egging of Mitch Williams' house was well-deserved?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, Doc, you're smarter than I thought.

But you know the Cubs have the division locked.

6. boots

boots New Member

Batman, I go back much further with the candycanes. There are three games left. Even if they sweep and the Mets sweep, there is a one-game playoff.
    The Phillies have gone down to the last week of the season in each of the last three years. This outcome was expected.
    Phillies fans, please, STOP LISTENING TO WIP.
    Mets fans, please, STOP LISTENING TO WFAN.
    You'll find out that life is more rewarding if you do.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's good mental-health advice, aside from everything else . . .

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have this feeling the Phils are going to gag against the Nats this weekend.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

NL East has playoff written all over it.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

This season has been a roller coaster with stops at Heaven and Hell and every where in between. I feel like I am in purgatory right now, just waiting to decide which lever to pull. I am figuring the Phillies take two out of three and then hope the Mets continue their great play. There was something about this season that reminded me of 1993. Hopefully it doesn't end the same.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Phillies Joy Watch? That's an oxymoron if I ever read one.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But unlike what Mitch threw, at least the eggs hit their target.

The only thing worse than sitting in cold, damp weather is sitting in cold, damp weather to watch Mitch Williams in that 1993 Game 4 slogfest.

[/philliesfansince1972]

Draft saved Draft deleted