1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phillies Joy Watch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Sep 28, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

With all these suicide threads, I thought it would be good for us to bask in a happy moment. Let's face it this organization has not had many of those the las, oh, 120 years.

Rollins has gotta be the MVP, Kendrick and Lohse pitched great the last two nights and JC ROMERO? WOW!!!!!!!

Here is how things are going in Philadelphia. http://www.the700level.com/2007/09/readers-write-d.html

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This thread will be the height of hilarity if the Phils shit the bed this weekend.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thank you, xxxx.

You just assured that the choking dog Mets will be out-choked by the Phutile Phillies this weekend.
    You know the minute you start celebrating the Phillies success they revert to the loosers they are.

Thanks again, from all Mets fans.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True... however would it be shitting the bed if they don't make it or the law of averages catching up from making up seven games with 17 to play?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, the Phils will lose in some stupid, flukish way that us Cubs fans know all too well. As spnited said, XXXX just clinched it by starting this thread.

6. XXXX

XXXX Member

This is a different feel, my friend. You'll see.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

There can be no question whatsoever that the person who started this thread either

a) knows nothing about Philadelphia sports

or

b) started it with the sole purpose of documenting the impending meltdown.

I, for one, have made my one post here. Becaue there's no way I'm going to be any party to such nonsense. I'll be slitting my wrists in the official baseball thread, thank you.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

[quote author=XXXX on Oct. 23, 1993]
    WOW!!!!!!! The Phillies are going to be World Series champs!!! No way Williams blows this one, and they'll win Game 7 for sure! I never thought I would see this day.

[/quote]

Didn't you learn anything from 1993?

9. boots

boots New Member

Stop listening to WIP. Two days ago, Charlie Manuel was an old man who should be fired. Today, he's a hero.
    There are three games left. The Phillies have no pitching. The Mets have no pitching. One team will win the division, the other will be hoping to get in as a wild card.
    It's a pretty simple scenario.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dude, XXXX, as a Phillies phan who has seen these jokers win 6 of 7 one week, then drop 5 of 8 the next, and watched them choke each of the last five Septembers, me say....

WHAT THE PHUCK ARE YOU THINKING!!!??? HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED ANYTHING FROM THE PAST!!!??? UNTIL WE HAVE THE LITTLE X BY OUR NAME IN THE STANDINGS, SHUT UP MAN! TIPTOE QUIETLY AND MAYBE NOBODY GETS HURT!

Sincerely,

Batman
    A Phillies fan since 1976

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

But just think, Doc, you can revel in the Cubbies wiinning the division while laughing at the Phils and Mets trying to outshit each other.
    Should make for a good weekend

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't you learn anything from 1993?
    [/quote]
    yes. I can still hear the screams -- and what's worse is they were my screams (fucking Mitch WIlliams)

Draft saved Draft deleted