1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philip Humber throws a perfect game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think Andrew Shaw was actually on standby to knock him over on the way to first.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I want to know how Jake Peavy was the first person to the mound. When the hell did he start running toward the field?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bet you he got injured along the way.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It was hard to tell just how far he went because it was really bright out there. All argument aside, can't we all thank the Lord there will be no Hawk Harrelson call of the final out?

Also, if he weren't pitching tonight (gave up an infield single already), I'm sure Justin Verlander would be working on his Phillip Humber wig to get past the guards at the Perfect Club.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Listened to the first couple of innings on the radio driving into Chicago, caught a couple more innings a little later after arriving at my mom's house, then turned the game on while visiting my dad at the nursing home just in time for the ninth inning. Had the boy with me, so three generations got to witness history. Pretty fucking cool, even if only one will remember. BTW, the last time I watched a second of baseball with my dad? Sept. 15, 2008 -- Carlos Zambrano's no-hitter.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Good stuff.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wonder if anyone got a good shot of the final at-bat?

9. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I kept waiting to see a replay from the first-base side. I thought Humber may have been bailed out twice - the final call and the 3-0 or 3-1 pitch to the first batter.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My three co-workers were at this game and had dinner with one of the starters from the winning team afterward. What a memory.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's really cool.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's beautiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted