1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phil sees his shadow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sabrefan, Feb 2, 2008.

1. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

6 more weeks of winter, so says the famous marmot of Punxsutawney.
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fuck winter.
  4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry thought this thread was about Boomer Esiason
  5. I thought it was about Chris Simms.
  6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But New York City's groundhog (Staten Island Chuck) says we're going to have an early spring. The Staten Island Zoo claims that Chuck’s predictions have been correct 21 of the last 26 years.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter." </philconnors>
  8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That means Cleveland will get about 12 more weeks of winter and a dumping in early April.

(Anyone who likes baseball or was in Cleveland last April will get that joke.)
  9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's bullshit. Groundhogs can't talk.
  10. God forbid you have to suffer through another 50-degree day. :'( :D
  11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

That's very funny.
  12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Damn!!! After the 8 1/4 inches of snow we got Thursday/Friday, I am not sure I can take 6 more weeks of this!! On the plus side though, we are supposed to have highs in the 40s and rain Monday to send this out of here, but still......six more weeks??? Geeeeeez.
Draft saved Draft deleted