1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phil Mushnick Pulls A Sting On The TSA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/queue_bawl_AAjmpWRq8AIEhRMU98iopL

Pretty amazing and unsettling story. Confirms what I've always believed, that you cannot trust these people.

I hope story leads to heads rolling at Newark TSA station.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy crap.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did he just confess to a crime? Can he be arrested?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the big fuss made when some administration-type or Congresscritter demanded all gate clerks be U.S. citizens? Go USA ... we can take bribes with the best of them! As for the miracle cure, I'm suddenly reminded of the USA-Brazil women's World Cup game.

5. Boom_70

What was the crime?

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I have not been thru Newark for a while so I would be suprised if the wheelchair pusher was an actual TSA employee and not a contracted airport employee. The slack jawed security people really don't care about the security line as long as you have your boarding pass and ID.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sorry - I don't see the big deal. Yes, TSA people should accept tips. But it isn't like Mushnick's plane took off earlier - he just cut in line. And I'm sure after he's done spending a few hours with the TSA people who investigate this - he will regret it.
    I've stood in those lines and always been amazed at how once your boarding time gets close you get moved through pretty quickly.
    The TSA isn't there to find illegal stuff or to deter terrorists - they are there to make people comfortable about flying. That's it.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'd say he might have exaggerated a little to make a point.

I've never spent an hour in a security line, not even 45 minutes, almost never 30 minutes. Maybe around the holidays. Never in the middle of August.

Not really. You were going to Vancouver. You did not arrive there any earlier. You only arrived at your gate a little earlier than the other people in the security line. Your 10 bucks bought you a seat for a few minutes.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is a big deal if they skip the security screening. They didn't. They moved faster through the line, for a fee.

A service which is also available in TSA-sanctioned form here, at slightly higher prices.

http://clearme.com/landing

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

First class passengers; "elite" status passengers; certain Frequent Flyers also enjoy the same line-skipping privilege at most major airports.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Elite_Security_Lines_(AA)

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The TSA is nothing but a nice show to make us feel warm and fuzzy, while at the same time making us want to kill each other.

12. Boom_70

Did make me wonder if Phil confused TSA agents with the hapless Gateway security guards that usually man the wheel chairs at Newark.

Draft saved Draft deleted