1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phil Mickelson- Real or Fake???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Jun 13, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There was another Mickelson thread here, probably long since purged....pretty sure (but not completely sure) it was started by a guy who now BLOGS with a banana in his ear...about how SI was about to run a big profile on Phil that included some very damaging rumors which I won't repeat here.

The story ran, no such rumors were included. But folks have apparently searched and searched, and I hope for his sake, at this point, they're not true.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

"Whatdya mean it isn't him? You sure?"

"Well, damn. Is he white? Is he a golfer? Yeah? Well, send 'em along. We'll say it's him and sort it out later. Send it to the ol' cell banana and hurry before I eat it. I'm getting hungry."

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is that photo supposed to be the one of him at a donut shop this morning - in his green jacket?

[​IMG]

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I guess a rumor that would cause people to question your actions or character, regardless of its veracity, thus causing you some degree of damage.

Not true?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Damaging?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

She has her father's breasts, that's for sure.

7. I think is only flaw is he is widely known as F.I.G.J.A.M (Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me) ...
    And he's kind of a flake.

I'd take him for wings and beer over Tiger any day.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

21 is a lesbian? Holy shit! I have to go tell Ace. He hates lesbians. And wait till Slappy finds out!!! Now he's going to try even harder to get 21 and Luggie to put on a show for him! And Moddy. He needs to know this!!! Damn. Who should I call first?

See how rumors can be damaging? :)

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well played. First thing I thought of.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I just lost my vowels.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Jesse James calls that a vowel movement.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I wish you guys would decide. In the few years I've been here I've been a lesbian (that's a new one), a guy, a webmaster, a wife, a different guy, and 102 different women. How come no one ever guesses 'night clerk at Wal-Mart'?

Junkie, can't tell if you're serious about 'damaging rumors.' But there are countless defamation/libel/slander cases that would answer your question.

Draft saved Draft deleted