1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phil Hughes out 3 months or more

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, May 1, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Let's not forget that Hughes was so highly regarded that his name was prominently mentioned during the Johan Santana sweepstakes.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have no idea who Sandy is, nor do I care. BYH has nothing to do with this that I can figure. For the most part, I have a good deal of respect for spnited, though he hasn't always shown me the same courtesy.

I also don't really care that somebody started a Phil Hughes thread, though I didn't think the injury warranted one. Do we need a "Johnny Cueto suddenly sucks" thread? Or a "Troy Tulowitzki is out just as long as Hughes" thread? Not really, but if somebody wants to start one, go for it.

My point was that everybody should stop being the damn thread police around here, spnited included, and I thought this thread was just as unnecessary as many of the ones he complains about.

Now please, return to talking about the actual subject of the thread. Thank you.

Edit: Damn spellcheck...didn't realize I hit change there....ty Angola.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, spnited and I are the same person?

No wonder we're so antagonistic!!!!

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You are Johnny Cute also.

I thought you knew that.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're proof positive that a high fiber diet works.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Where the hell IS Ed Whitson when you need him these days?

7. outofplace

I thought it was just because he is old and you are a dickhead. But apparently somebody named Sandy had another theory.

Edit: Oops. Almost forgot. :)

8. outofplace

Maybe Carl Pavano will make a miraculous recovery and save the day.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Or Brien Taylor.

Or Ed Yarnall.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

HB - have you spent any time around Dr Hershon. He does not seem to be the most astute of team doctors.

As far as the thread goes give spitted a break. At least he started a thread for once rather than bottom feeding off someone else's idea.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Maybe Dave Eiland can grab a glove and conjure up a little of the old magic.

What's Mike Griffin up to these days?

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Hershon. I presume you have.

Draft saved Draft deleted