1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phelps mad at Dan Le Batard

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That was good, wasn't it Ragu?

Bilas absolutely crushed LeBatard, and it's why I'm siding with Phelps on this. Phelps may not be endlessly entertaining, irresistably engaging or mysterious but LeBatard is running out of fresh foot to shoot.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think that the question was innocent at all.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What's been the coolest moment since you came home from the Olympics? ... isn't innocent?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. The question about going into nightclubs with cereal boxes.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That was AFTER Phelps gave the offensive, insipid, talking point line for whatever he was trying to sell...

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That was boring and lame but hardly offensive -- unless you work for Quaker Oats or something.

7. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Obviously, I don't know for sure, but I have to believe that Phelps has an agent or a front person who arranges for Phelps to get booked on shows like Dan LeBatard's.

So, on that assumption, why did not the agent give Phelps a clue that this interview might be a tad different from the ones where he gets nothing but set-up questions from a hero-worshipping host?

Or worse yet ... maybe the agent didn't know what he was booking his boring client for.

Imagine any random B-List celeb [that's really what Michael PHelps is now] who gets booked onto the Howard Stern Show in the blind. Should he/she be "offended" when Stern makes a gratuitous reference to his penis or someone else's penis? I don't think so because that's what you buy into when you book onto that show. Same sort of thing - - in miniature of course - - when you go on with Dan LeBatard.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I think you're pretty much taking away LeBatard's entire shtick there, Mustang.

Draft saved Draft deleted