1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA vs PGA Tour

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cowboycane, Sep 9, 2007.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

Bingo.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I said the higher standard thing for several reasons. One, our copy editors couldn't catch a cold, so I pretty much expect at least three mistakes on the front page of our section every day. Two, I would hope the Post and its army of editors would catch such a mistake. Three, I was drunk when I wrote that.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

How do we know it was laziness or ignorance? You said you don't know him, so how do you know whether he made the error because he didn't know the difference, or was too lazy to type out four more letters. Either way, he and his copy desk got it wrong. It wasn't the worst mistake but he and the Post are supposed to be better than that. To me, it's the same thing as covering a game with the Houston Texans, and calling them the Oilers.

4. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I'm going with three and leaving the rest on the side of the road. Well said.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, I certainly don't think you're Full of Shit. ;)

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Nobody has to jump out any windows, but it's a dumb mistake by a top tier newspaper. Simple as that.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, and we're pointing and snickering like it's a feather in our caps.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not pointing and snickering, at least on my part. Just amazed that the Washington Post's best columnist and whoever read the column that night could collectively make such a rookie mistake.

Draft saved Draft deleted