1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA vs PGA Tour

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cowboycane, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Cowboycane

Cowboycane Member

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It is a mistake, no doubt. But the difference between the PGA Tour and the PGA of America is probably lost on a lot of casual golf fans and occasional-golf writers like Wilbon.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Just because the casual fan doesn't kow the difference doesn't excuse a huge error like that. A guy of his caliber should know there's a huge difference between the two organizations. So should his desk.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If the casual fan doesn't know it, it's not THAT huge an error. Nobody's jumping out the window.

5. TwoGloves

You're right. No big deal that one of the most prominent columnists in the country doesn't know the fucking difference between the PGA Tour and PGA of America. I stand corrected.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No. I stand corrected. Somebody is jumping out the window. ::)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, one person is jumping out the window. I doubt anybolyd else is and I doubt 99% of the readers know or care about the "major error."

A simple mistake? Yup. A big deal? Nope.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The mistake isn't colossal, but it's still a mistake. The difference between the PGA Tour and the PGA of America is one that needs clarification. Surely, some avid golf readers saw this and noted the error as quickly as those on this board.

9. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

So what's the difference? For those of us who should know, but don't

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The PGA of America is the governing body for the PGA Championship which consists of the professionals found at your local country club. The PGA Tour is for the touring players that viewers see competing in tournaments on television.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Inexcuseable that someone working at the WaPo doesn't know the difference.

12. TwoGloves

My point exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted