1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Aug 7, 2013.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I like Snedeker. Not sure Dufner can get it done, though I think he'll be in the mix on Sunday. PGA always seems to have somebody who comes out of nowhere to contend. Not sure if Mahan's mind will be on it with the new baby and everything. Two guys who are due; Kuchar and Graeme McDowell.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not if Mickelson, Rose or Scott win the PGA. Two majors trumps Tiger easily.

3. Sure. Who's one player you take instead of him to win? Mickelson, is pretty much it.

That being said: Tiger v. the Field .. I'll take the field allllllllllllllllll day and double down Sunday afternoon.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The field is always the bet in golf. Zach Johnson is playing really well, but you have to be kind of long at Oak Hill.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

In Vegas, the field bet is not very good simply because they post odds on about half the field. Only time i consider the field bet is at the British Open. I actually won on a field bet there when Paul Lawrie won. Now, Tiger vs. the field, always take the field.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It *should* be Tiger. But the PGA almost always produces an out-of-the-blue winner.

Meanwhile, the USGA dicked the PGA with the announcement today of the new rights broadcaster in two years. Payback for the PGA's defiant stand in favor of the anchored putter?

Still ... Fox? Doing the U.S. Open? Seriously. It has joke written all over it. But on a happier note ... No more Berman on the U.S. Open.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We trade Berman for Gus Johnson.

HA HAAAAAA

8. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

"Is Hillary Clinton going to ban the sand wedge? Next up, we'll discuss why it could happen, and what right you have to keep and bear 14 clubs."

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods. Erin Andrews.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

British bookmaker William Hill said earlier this week a bettor placed a win wager of £30,000 (about $45,000) on Tiger at odds of 9-to-2.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Who's gonna be in that booth? Presumably not Johnny Miller, as NBC still has plenty of PGA Tour golf including The Players Championship. Count me as very skeptical too.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Doesn't one major trump Tiger's year?

Draft saved Draft deleted