1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Transportation that bad?

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Getting to and from the course has been a nightmare all week for everyone except the players and don't let anyone tell you differently. The course is worthy of a PGA, but there are major transportation changes that are required before we go through this exercise again.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Third round over. Rory leads by three over Pettersson. Tiger finishes with a 74 and is five back.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Is Rory the next Tiger?

(ducks)

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Shipnuck retweeted someone who had Jack=Russell, Tiger=Jordan, Rory=LeBron. Shipnuck added Watson as Kobe.

(Does that make Faldo Duncan?)

Wish Poulter could have kept it a bit closer but how many times have we seen in majors those guys go really low through the front-9 but just can't keep it going.

Not sure how the golf rankings work - even if I hadn't failed trig in college I wouldn't know how they work - but there is hopefully no way in hell Donald will still be ahead of Rory and Tiger.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

If you aren't already following Norm McDonald on twitter, you must do so before next April. His tweeting during the majors is hysterical.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What can the PGA or Kiawah really do? I'm guessing more access roads can't exactly be built onto the island, nor should there be for once-a-decade tournaments.

I got tired of reading writers' tweets bitching about the bus rides (if your bus driver gets lost, that's a legit complaint). But it's a remote course and it's gonna be a pain.

8. Small Town Guy

Awesome performance. Haven't golf experts said Rory's putting could be what keeps him from totally dominating? Not today.

9. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Nice exclamation point by Rory, sinking the birdie on the 72nd.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is this the shortest Major thread in SportsJournalists.com history?

11. Small Town Guy

I bet the '08 PGA was pretty short too.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It seems to have inferiority issuses compared to the other majors.

Draft saved Draft deleted