1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Aug 6, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, boy do I ever feel your pain.

You very well could be right. I have found that with backs they can come and go at any time for any reason. I can see how he is playing just 4 days after especially with the trainers and pharmaceuticals he has at his disposal.

This seems the most likely.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You can definitely play -- and play well -- after an episode of back spasms. Playing during the episode, now that's another matter.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Winning score for the week: 14-under? Course is certainly yielding some birdies, which is fun to watch.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The combined winning score under par of this calendar year's four majors may set a record. I don't think Tiger was this good in his slam year.

Masters — -8 (Bubba Watson)
    US Open — -9 (Martin Kaymer)
    (British) Open — -17 (Rory McIlroy)
    PGA — ????

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The great thing about the PGA of America is that they don't mind guys shooting 65 or 66 one or two rounds during the week. They set the course up fair in that it's never too tough or too easy.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I wish the USGA would do that. It's a totally different mindset, having to make some birdies and eagles instead of always scrambling to save par.

Great looking leaderboard. Furyk is one shot behind, Mickelson is 3 behind. Lots of guys within 5-6 shots on a course where a 65 or 66 is very possible.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

A major championship is supposed to challenge the players.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't think so. On Sunday he was walking like someone in serious back pain. He's not that good an actor.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He looked awful yesterday from the first hole in terms of walking and bending down. I think he didn't WD just to save face

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't blame people for being skeptical, but it looked to me like he was walking with a noticeable limp all day. And trying to lash that ball off the slope early in the round was a really bad idea.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And once again Bubba's ass clown antics draw attention.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/08/bubba-watson-isnt-happy-at-val.html

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

CBS Sports golf analyst Nick Faldo says Tom Watson should select Tiger Woods as a captain's pick for the US Ryder Cup team next month. Not sure I agree. Woods is struggling with his health and game right now and maybe someone else would be a better pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted