1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Aug 6, 2014.

1. I'd think it'lll be a short-term job. If and when TW dumps him ... Oh, you're the guy who wrecked Tiger's swing?

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The only way Tiger dumps him if when Tiger gets an idea that they are becoming a celebrity on Tiger's coattails. Tiger dumped his first blonde girlfriend when she did a magazine interview. Tiger dumped Butch and Hank Haney when they started to profit off of being associated with Woods (only The King Swoosh is permitted to prosper). Same with Steve Williams when they money began rolling in.

3. I half-expected TW to can his caddy after he was interviewed earlier this week.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I was very impressed with the way McIlroy rebounded from going double-bogey/bogey yesterday to come back with four straight birdies. Lot of players go in the tank and get ultra-conservative and won't make another birdie the rest of the day.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Tiger's going to have the weekend free.
    +6 after six, and bogies 7. First wince of back pain as he fucked up another tee shot on 7.

This fucking guy. Back pain starts up as soon as he shits the bed, golf-wise. Its become a Pavlovian response for him by now.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Or maybe coming off BACK surgery he really does have back pain.

He shouldn't be out there and shouldn't come back until he is ready. He won 5 times last year healthy, health right now should be his only focus.

7. poindexter

He said that last sunday's back pain was unrelated to the back surgery. I think he lies so much, he can't keep it all straight.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I'm reluctant to crucify him on the back pain.

I wish he'd just shut it down and go away until he his healthy. Although I'm not sure he will ever be able to stay healthy.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

PGA Radio on XM was talking about how difficult it is to win a major as the No. 1 Player in the world. The last player to do so not named Tiger? Fred Couples.

10. poindexter

Having spent a lot of this summer with a slipped disc, then sciatica, I understand the reluctance to crucify him. However, I cannot understand how he had the supposed back pain he had last Sunday, then be ready to swing clubs in anger for four consecutive days on Thursday.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Perhaps he was being more dramatic than the actual pain called for.

12. Remember TW - for better or worse - is coming back from injuries quicker than he should.
    Several experts said the recovery time for TW's back injury is double the amount of time off he took. I think he did the same with his leg or knee injury as well.

I read somewhere one of his concerns has to do with golfers not being consider athletes, especially with regard to injuries.

Draft saved Draft deleted