1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The Dufner injury looks somewhat serious. Hope not, but did not look good on Thursday.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Someone wins from the back of the pack, like Paul Lawrie at the 1999 Open.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The way he talked in his press conference on Wednesday, this isn't good at all. Even if he makes the Ryder Cup team on points, he said he might sit out the FedEx Cup playoffs to be sure he was ready to go in Scotland. He also said that long of a rest might not be enough.

Tom Watson might have to put 20 players on the plane and see who's healthy enough to walk off it without assistance.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm with Team Rory, but I'll be good if Westwood or Sergio win.

If you see the sock puppet Manky Monty someday, it'll be me.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The type of year Rickie Fowler has had in majors, he has to break through at some point.....T5, T2, T2

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Steve Stricker -4 thru eight today to tie for the lead ... you've got to think he's running out of chances to finally win a major.

7. That's a lot of issues for a guy who won five events last year was POY.

Not to say I completely disagree with your assessment, but it's not like he's gone full-blown David Duval mode.
    Plain and simple: I think he came back too early.
    And no one seems to like his swing coach.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

His swing coach has the best job in the world. Makes a great salary to say, "Looks good. Keep it up."

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And Rory eagles to take a 2 shot lead.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I've wondered about all of his tinkering with his swing. Perhaps it's a golfer's version of anorexia ... how he sees/perceives his swing is at odds with how that swing actually performs. Perhaps there are certain "ideals" planted in his mind as to how his swing should look regardless of the actual feedback (that is, performance) he's getting.

11. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Tiger could get more Sunday TV camera time if he were Rory's caddie.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Every time in see Adam Scott hit I remember how sweet Tigers swing used to be

Draft saved Draft deleted