1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA championship pool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

The PGA has always been the red-headed stepchild of the majors, and the lack of interest in it on this board illustrates it perfectly. I think we got through today's round without a running thread, which seems impossible.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

CRAP... I was traveling yesterday and today and didn't get in.... so someone else gets to take the SportsJournalists.com Wanamaker Trophy home. :mad:

BubbaFett, you're unfortunately right about the PGA, which is a shame. It has the best field of all the majors and is one of the best run from a media and course setup standpoint.

BTW if anyone's here at Medinah, I just got into Chicago this afternoon. PM me.

3. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I am not in last? WOOHOO.

I herebyu modify my "If every SportsJournalists.com handle were a free agent" post to read: I would take "Snakes on a Plane"....woohoo I'm ahead.

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I think we should toss out the club pros -- specifically Ron Philo -- who probably couldn't beat me on my worst day. Only reason I took him is because I've interviewed his sister a couple of times.
    And remember, I told you guys cink would win.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Team Snakes On A Plane is kind of like Phil Mickelson. We almost won the British Open Pool, but blew a huge lead after two rounds to lose by one stroke.

A two stroke lead going into the second round is nothing. Hopefully Tiger goes super low and my non-pro pro (who shot a +1) plays well, but not well enough to make the cut.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Folks, just an FYI, the pool will not be updated again until Saturday a.m. at earliest. I'll be too busy getting drunk tonight to worry about it.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Some commissioner you are. </sarcasm>

Would Paul Tagliabue go out and get drunk, mid-event?
    How about David Stern?
    Or Bud Selig?
    Or that hockey guy?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hey, I was the only one willing to even put together a pool, seeing as Freelance was drunk asleep on the job. ;D

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Not in the pool, but here's hoping Billy Mayfair goes nut and shoots 65-66 on the weekend to win the thing.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I'm stunned at how little conversation we've had here. It's a major with Tiger and Phil in the same group, and Ryder Cup spots on the line, yet the thread was at the bottom of page two.

Taylor, Johnson and Wetterich missed the cut and likely cost themselves a spot on the U.S. team.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cubs (562, -14)
    Snakes on a Plane (563, -13)
    Angola! (563, -13)
    Pope Dirk Benedict (569, -7)
    John's Jons (570, -6)
    Pelvis Resley (570, -6)
    Michael Gee (576, E)
    Viamsp (578, +2)
    Team COCKDIAN (578, +2)
    20-Cent Paradigms (579, +3)
    North61 (582, +6)
    3-JACK CITY (582, +6)
    Joe Schmoe (586, +10)
    Cosmo’s duffers (587, +11)

MISSED CUT
    LWilhite (564, -14, CUT)
    Medinah Muskrats (582, +6, CUT)

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A couple of quick notes:
    Congrats to myself, Doc and Joe Schmoe for having three guys miss the cut, yet pick three alternates who made the cut. Whew!

And dolt award of the week goes to LWilhite, who proudly proclaimed he wouldn't need an alternate. He's tied for the lead but missed the cut because ... uh, he needed an alternate for Mike Small missing the cut. Sorry dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted