1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PFT says Dungy out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

To think readers won't associate it with Brokeback Mountain is a little naive.

2. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

mark, not sure if it was a "really good" interview or not. the guy who did the Q&A admitted that the reid family and attorney was allowed to see the piece after it was finished and to delete or edit passages they didn't like.

that's not journalism, it's a glorified press release

3. Completely full of fail.

s'chick sleeps sweetly.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I wonder which editor was smoking enough crack to allow THAT to happen?

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I see what you mean, Stone, but there was a lot of honesty in there, no pointing fingers at outside forces, just our boys need help and we will do what it takes to fix it.

6. Editor?

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

At my shop, none of that shit happens without my reporters running it by me first. And I'd tell 'em no way in hell.

If he did it without running it by his editor, it's a fireable offense. If he did it and his editor approved it, his editor needs to have his or her head examined.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Life is different in the magazine world. Much different.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Dungy thing was ESPN's usual failed attempt at cleverness in a hed, I'm sure. Don't think they were trying to stick it to anyone

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Since the vast majority of that viewership didn't see that movie, I don't think so.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

lol Florio has disabled the comment section on his postings. One posting from earlier today inadvertantly allowed comments. They have all been removed.

Apparently he can't take the heat. He's now off my list.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think people have thought that just because guys like Jim Mora Jr. and Caldwell have taken their names out of the running for head coaching jobs, people assume Dungy and Holmgren are done...

A lot of teams are making deals with their top assistants promising them HC jobs when the HC leaves/retires...

Draft saved Draft deleted