1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PFT says Dungy out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

An ignorant post?

One coach had a kid commit suicide, and the other has two in jail.

Chrissakes.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's the oneliest time that fuckwit up yonder had anything even remotely interesting to say.

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Hey, Lee Jackson Beauregard -- you left out a few generals from the side of my forefathers, and I'm way too glad they lost to appropriate any of their names for my handle, but I totally agree with you about Florio.
    The Rumor Mill was kind of different and refreshing when it first started. Talk about Frankensteinism. I don't think it would be possible for one guy to become more impressed with himself than this man, for less reason. Half the threads there, you check back an hour later, there's a post that starts "reader so-and-so points out that what we said earlier couldn't possibly be true because of xyz," and then he ties the whole giant crapload up with an unrepentent "I still wouldn't be surprised ..."
    I wouldn't be surprised if this clown, with his mail-order law degree, got sued into obilivion over some ridiculous innuendo he posted first and checked out later. But that's just me.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

5. Herbert Anchovy

Well, my confirmation name was Stuart. Is that one a match?

I've been reading the site, regrettably, for nine years. There have been times when he'll belch forth some falsehood only to come back and tear it down from the site an hour or two later.

He's fond of references that are obliquely racist, sexist or both, that when his chickenshit writing style and almost childlike understanding of the league isn't offensive enough.

He's a thief, a brigand and an embarrassment.

I'm hard-pressed to come up with a single time Florio has named a source independent of the newspaper reporters he steals from on a daily basis. That's the Rumor Mill, remanufacturing others' work daily.

6. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

why?

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

He's not stealing others' work -- he's linking to it. The daily links are just that -- a collection of interesting news around the league. He breaks his own stuff, separate of that ...

8. Herbert Anchovy

Please to name one relevant story Mike Florio has broken.

Anything he has broken is that which beat writers discuss casually over lunch, things long reported or foregone conclusions.

If you use this shit in your notebooks, and some reporters who don't know any better do, as I've seen it, you'd best make a few phone calls first, mediaguy.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

On that point, Philadelphia Magazine has a really good interview with Andy and Tammy Reid this month. No it's society's fault, no they couldn't handle celebrity, etc. just they need help and they are our children, we will do what is needed.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Guess PFT was wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3207137

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Because my fangirl self wants Tony to remain coach.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted