1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peyton, you're no longer a choker....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're right, Tee Martin never led a team to the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs or any NFL regular season game.

2. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

Maybe now that Peyton has his team in the SB he can get some endorsements to do some commercials on TV. I never see him on commecials...

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Had he been a choker again yesterday, he could have been the paper boy throwing the ball though the window with Tom Brady saying "You still got the best arm in the neighborhood."

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

With all the talk about how Brady and the Pats owned the Colts and Manning, has the trend reversed?

Three straight wins for the Colts, including two in Foxborough and one in the playoffs. The two teams tied this year in the standings, and had the Pats beaten the Colts, yesterday's game would have been in Foxborough.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Maybe.

Brady did play his best game ever against the Colts in this one.

The throw he made running hard backward to his right, that Caldwell dropped in the end zone, was a hall of fame-caliber pass.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

As was the one he made on the next play to Gaffney. He might not have had his best game ever yesterday, but it's hard to say the Colts own him. I know he had 4 picks earlier this year, but IIRC three of them were on tipped balls, and they still put up a decent amount of points and were in position to drive for a tying score until Faulk botched a short pass that deflected to June. When you talk about owning someone I think you need to completely dominate them, not just win. Or at least win more than 3 games against them, Brady still has a winning record against the Colts, if I had to guess I'd say probably about 7-4 (that's just a guess), so it's hard to say they've "owned" him. Those two games in Foxboro in the playoffs, it's fair to say the Pats owned Manning. But clearly those days are over.

Now does the Colts offense own the Pats D? A much more likely scenario.

Draft saved Draft deleted