1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peyton Manning should retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I will say that the Broncos did a piss-poor job on offense in the fourth quarter. They had, what, two chances to put the game away just by picking up a few first downs and barely moved the ball or the clock?
    Denver's offense won the first half. There's no question the defense bailed them out in the second half.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And disappointing.

Stoney, old_tony and LongTimeListener like this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No, I was waiting for you to tell me about it.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Don't go there, brother.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have watched Brady his entire career. I was at the game where he came in for Bledsoe and covered him 2001-2004. I think I might have felt more admiration for him than ever before. He had the shit beat out of him from start to finish and damn near won a game despite it. That's what I look for in a QB. What does he do when it all sucks around him?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's done. He's ancient, had a terrible year.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sound the straw man alert. I don't believe anyone here said he was the "main reason." But there's a mile wide gap between simply saying he wasn't the main reason and this absurd statement you made earlier in this thread:
    Umm, NO, there are LOTS of NFL QBs who would've blown that game for Denver. The simple fact that Manning did not make any significant mistakes today alone sets him apart from most of his younger brethren. Because a QB not making any mistakes in a high pressure conference championship game is a really hard thing to do. Hell, did you by any chance catch Brian Hoyer's performance in Houston's playoff game? Put that guy behind center today and Denver gets easily blown out.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The defense won that game today, pure and simple. The offense was pretty dreadful in the fourth quarter, but the Broncos got the lead and held it all day after the opening drive. The Patriots' first touchdown was a gift field-position wise. Brady got smacked around all day.

JC likes this.
  9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I can say with some degree of certainty that if Carson Palmer was the Broncos quarterback, they would not have won.....

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You'd say the same thing had the Pats won in OT?

He was fine. Defense won that game by hitting Brady 23 times.

He should have been picked with 2:10 left when the Bronco's threw on third down.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, let's be clear, I'm not disappointed he was alive when the game was over. But I wouldn't have shed a tear had he got popped a couple (hundred) more times.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Just didn't want you to fuck up like I did last weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted