1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peyton Manning, PED user?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Or if you believe al Jazeera's source. Interesting story. Will need to hear more. Wouldn't shock me, but ... I'll wait and see. Clay Matthews (pain pills), Julius Peppers among others named.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

More reasons to ban Muslims from the U.S.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

From the original link.

Robertson, the pharmacist, and Spletzer, the neuropathic physician, did not respond to Al Jazeera’s request for comment. Sly, when pressed by Al Jazeera, backtracked, saying that his claims about supplying the drugs to athletes were “false and incorrect.”

In a subsequent statement to Al Jazeera, he walked back the comments even further, saying that Collins took advantage of him while Sly was grieving the death of his fiancée.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ryans Howard and Zimmerman also named.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If he was receiving during the 2011 year in which he didn't play I don't think the majority of fans will care.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Other than kickers and punters, I can't see how a single NFL player wouldn't be on HGH at this point.

studthug12, Iron_chet and JC like this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Why not kickers and punters?

Dick Whitman and JC like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wouldn't seem worth it. Not that I'd be hugely surprised there either, I guess.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That he would do this to accelerate recovery from neck surgery is the most believable part of the whole story.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"PEDs will help me play."

(Sung to the Nationwide jingle)

murphyc, doctorquant, Huggy and 2 others like this.
  12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

So Goodell calls Manning and forces him to retire at the end of the year, right? Avoids a messy investigation, suspension or anything of that sort.
    Can't wait to see the media frenzy tomorrow protect the saint of the NFL.

For the record, I think using legal medicine to help recover from surgery should be allowed. There's a reason old people get prescribed forms of HgH.

Draft saved Draft deleted