1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peyton Manning, Madison Avenue poster boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

OK, I get it. Peyton vs. Eli is a decent little story, but please, please, PLEASE. Enough of the Peyton Manning commercials. EVERY commercial break had at least one or two Peyton and/or Peyton and Eli commercials. ENOUGH!

Worst one? Peyton's Gatorade commercial where the football gives birth to him ... :-X

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I didn't bother to watch. Was there a commercial for the "Brokeback Mountain" sequel starring Peyton and Kenny Chesney? :eek: ;D

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Damn you, Double J.

Damn you all to hell!!!

:mad: :D

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I like the Manning commercials. Peyton seems like such a dry guy, and that's why it's great that he's just fine poking some fun at himself in these commercials.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'll never understand the hate for Peyton Manning.

He's not a dick. He's a pretty straightforward guy. No, you're not gonna spend 20 minutes laughing during his pressers, but he's gonna answer your questions the best he can. Never gets into any shit. And he's a hell of a football player.

I understand the element of overexposure and all, but damn, whose fault is that?

I just don't get it.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I forgot to mention. Cameo appearances by Brook Jacoby and Ichiro Suzuki as Peyton and Kenny's spurned former lovers, both still carrying a torch -- and a grudge.

;D

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Announcement to anyone who reads this: The previous list of "dead to me" which included only Armchair_QB and the biggest douchebag I've ever known who reads this board but who has mysteriously stopped posting?

It also now includes Double J.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

ZING! :D :eek:

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Read two of the words in the thread title ... Madison Avenue

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Come on, admit it. Some of those commercials are pretty damn funny.

CUT THAT MEAT! CUT THAT MEAT!

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome, totally awesome.

Imagine if the fucking guy ever won a single fucking big game in his fucking life. What comes after critical mass?

As insufferable as Derek Jeter is, at least the guy wins.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm sorry. :'( Please be my friend again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.