1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peyton Manning arrested overnight...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 19, 2014.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Given that she's from Tennessee, I think you can lock that in as a given.

I would imagine there's plenty more "Peytons" coming of age in that 16 to 18 year old age bracket in Tennessee these days. Probably more than a few 8-10 year old Mississippi Eli's as well.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cut that coke! Cut that coke!

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are two Peytons in my 8-year-old's class and one in my 6-year-old's class and I don't like in Tennessee or Indiana. It's a hugely popular name these days.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't wait until 2024 when 17-year-old Tebow McCarthy chooses the University of Florida.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sure there are more than a few of them considering Tebow was worshipped as much, if not more, by fans than Manning was when he was at Tennessee and their fan bases are filled with a similar number of idiots. (No offense to TigerVols...) :D

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That's not even the best story linked on that page. This one is: http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/rutherford/2014/05/19/sex-atm-table-murfreesboro-bar/9293507/
    A man has sex with a cash machine. I think he misunderstood ATM.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The CEO just got an extra 10k bonus just for this.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing she's the one who usually plays receiver.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Played it on our site this morning -- with the qualifying hed -- and got the typical idiot Facebook posters who didn't think it was funny/it's not news/the poor girl.

Still, the cat rescuing the boy from the dog attack got like 50,000 times more traffic than this story did out here, though I haven't looked at the numbers in a few hours, but the early trending is a decent indicator.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Her last name is Manning! it's not the same thing.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What did you expect?
    Besides page clicks, I mean.

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Probably not as many as you would think. For one thing, Mississippi's college loyalties are much, much more divided than in Tennessee, where the Orange rules. For another, Ole Miss fans don't have the same reverence toward Eli that UT fans have with Peyton.

Draft saved Draft deleted