1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pew Research Center: Many Americans wouldn't care if local paper folded

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Someone spent money to figure that out??

In other news, people who drink are more likely to become alcoholics than people who don't.

A secondary question should be asked to those who said they wouldn't miss reading the paper: Do you know how to read or are you a product of the Detroit public school system?

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

My question about the poll is how many of those surveyed read a newspaper in any form?

I wouldn't miss it if the local Curves franchise folded, but then I'm not a woman. So does the Pew then say that just under 50 percent of the population doesn't give a rip about Curves?

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200903130028?show=1

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I agree with both of these sentences.

Simply in terms of sports, I don't think people -- even people who only read the Internet -- realize how much of what they know about their favorite teams comes from the local newspaper.

People read their independent blogs, and feel informed. What they don't realize is that most of those blogs are informed by the local newspaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted