1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pettitte: Clemens Revealed HGH Use

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"Mr. Congressman, if you can make this go away, I am absolutely certain I can go to Tora Borra and throw splitters at bin Laden's head that will help prevent another 9/11. Also, I will need $20 million, a broken bat handle to throw in case things get dicey, and I want to be able to visit my family on off days when I am not pitching/fighting."

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I get this feeling that the Mitchell Report came out, Roger Clemens said "oh shit" and then called his lawyer up and said "What can I do to keep my reputation?"

The lawyer said "Can McNamee prove that you took steroids?"

Clemens: "I don't think so."

Lawyer: "All right. He said she said. Let's deny the living shit out of this."

And here we are.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rudy Giuliani has no idea why he just resumed his presidential race and called Clemens to serve as his veep.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

"Skip and Jetes will be my wingmen."

Say this dialogue with Simpson accents and it could be a good show.

5. I don't care what Fred and Velma say, Shaggy, you've been making a lot of sense on this board lately. You should post more often ...

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I agree that was the strategy
    But, it was before that. The L.A. Times report. The one linking him to HGH. The report, erroneously linked Clemens through Grimsley by the source. But, what wasn't erroneous, was the five names named have been named one way or another. Jay Gibbons doesn't get pulled out of thin air.
    Still waiting for that defamtion suit that he said was pending.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Pettitte says Clemens told him he used hGh ... then years later (2005, I think), Clemens says Pettitte misunderstood and it was his wife which used it. Mrs. Clemens, you are the next to be thrown under the bus.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think that's a safe bet.

Draft saved Draft deleted