1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pettitte: Clemens Revealed HGH Use

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Feb 13, 2008.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Didn't see this elsewhere. Clemens reportedly told Pettitte years ago he used HGH.

http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/stories/B/BBO_STEROIDS_CLEMENS?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=HOME

A side note: There have been reports that Clemens has often mentioned 9-11 in his informal chats with members of congress this week. If he dares bring it up in the hearings, he is lower than scum.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Ah Rocket, you're making it hard for me to like and defend you.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ginger, with this coming out now, how big of a trainwreck does this become tomorrow?

And do you think someone asks point blank "Did you take/use HGH?" to Clemens?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The really interesting question: Who leaked the affidavit?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Will there be a probe into that much like with the Balco stuff?

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, the federal investigators would be the ones with access, right? Who else would have a chance to see these? The prosecutors? The Senate panel?

7. this has been on espn all day ... no one posted it before now?

This is HUGE. By Wednesday night, Clemens or McNamee will have a purgery charge up their ass. My money's on Clemens.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

And question #2 -- Any chance the information is inaccurate/misleading/wrong? The way I read it, no one actually saw the affidavit, the reporting is based on an anonymous source.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If he's using it as an excuse for HGH use, then yes.

If he's saying "Hey, why don't you guys work to make sure another 9/11 doesn't happen instead of dragging my HGH-injected ass up here" then he'll win a lot of support in some circles.

10. It's based on what Rep. Davis said ... and he backtracked on it a bit. Yet everything is still leaning that way.

We'll know soon enough.

11. gingerbread

The train began to derail years ago, when baseball apologists on radio and in print mocked those of us who dared write about baseball's dirty little secret. You don't want to know what happend to any media types who dared wonder what Steinbrenner's role might have been.
    So yeah, tomorrow is off the rails, full-on crash. Blood on everyone's hands, including congress if they look gooey eyed at Roger and refuse to ask the obvious question.
    I truly believe Roger has convinced himself he's telling the truth, much like a covert agent is trained to believe what he needs to believe, or someone is taught to beat a lie detector. It was one of the first skills my brother learned in the army, in case he was ever captured. Roger has enough resources and connections with the military to learn those skills.
    God, I wish I was writing about this!

12. gingerbread

Having talked with Roger quite a bit about 9/11, rescue workers and the war, I have a hunch he'll work in more than a few references about his friendship with some of the survivors, soldiers, FFs and cops. When Roger gets going, he can be very patriotic and likeable; anywhere else, people might roll their eyes, but not congress. They'll be drooling, if indeed invokes 9/11.

Draft saved Draft deleted