1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 8, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

My Maggie fights socks and blankets and anything with little threads hanging off it. And loses everytime. She'll sit there, cautiously swatting at it...swatting at it...swatting at it...and then when her claw catches, she jumps 12 feet in the air and runs like hell.

Gawd, she's dumb. But there's nothing nicer than coming home after some time away and having her meow at me from the floor, jump into my chair and nestle against my right side for a good hour. When we got back from vacation two weeks ago, she wouldn't leave my side. I'd try to roll over and go to sleep (I snore so I tend to sleep in the living room during the week so i don't wake up my wife) and she wouldn't budge.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ms. Slappy's favorite living thing... a rescue dog who got mauled at her rescue place that Ms. Slappy saved twice in life. I am indeed second to Dottie. OK, third, if you count her niece. Fifth with the parents... There's her brother and sister in law... and the car... damn.. I rank higher in SportsJournalists.com than I do with her....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I had a cat named Serena.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

No, you didn't dress up your dog. No, you did not. Dammit! That's what cat people do!

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Dogz rool, catz drule ...

[​IMG]

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I want a pet. This thread has jacked up my cute-o-meter, dammit! I feel like I'm going to be stuck on Awwww.... for the rest of the night.

I had a 22-pound cat who was indeed "a little fuzzy planet." He was wonderful. He slept on my head. We fought over the pillow. Sadly my ex, who was his original owner, did not take care of him after we broke up and the cat had to be put down.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't flatter yourself.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

Here's my family dog -- keep moving around too much to get my own yet, plus I don't have a yard -- but he's still my baby, anyway. His name's Lil' Bits, and although you wouldn't know it now because he's getting to be an old man (turns 10 a week from today), we gave him that name because he was jet black when he was a baby ... except for a lil' bit of a white patch on his chin and a lil' bit on his chest. His beard has since turned gray, as you can see.

I've got a picture (not uploaded, though) of him resting in my baseball glove when he was little. At 6.5 pounds, he could probably still fit in there today. We spoil him rotten, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Can't imagine life without him. I've been home twice since I moved out to Cali, and came back with more pictures of the damn dog than anyone else!

9. rascalface

rascalface Member

Do it. There are plenty of loving animals at your local shelter looking for a good home.

OK, enough of the guilt trip.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Can we turn in our man cards together, BYH?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My computer just ate a long tribute to my pets. I have three dogs. Details to come, must get on the road.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Strike my earlier comment about another cat. Any more cats and I'll have to be fitted for a muumuu.

Draft saved Draft deleted