1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, I said background.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Once I can save up some money, I'm going to adopt a Puggle from a shelter and name it Mr. Muggles. I had the name idea before Heroes. They stole it from me.

My good friend, who lives in Texas now, has a Shih Tzu named Meow.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Congrats. That made me literally laugh out loud.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm completely jealous of the name. I would love a dog named Meow.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And I'd love to name my next cat Phideaux.

I actually did name an inbred kitten of mine (from many years ago) Typo. Perfect for a journalist.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I think the spelling of it is what would truly make it a good one.

7. [​IMG]

These are ours. The little one is my daughter's, who can be a little rough on the cat at times but they are inseperable anyway.

My daughter gave her the same name we were planning to give a second daughter in case we were to ever have one ... now we have to think of another name in case it's a girl.

The big cat is the laziest, but sweetest, piece of cat-food-eating shit on the earth.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Alley, both the Little Man and Sampson are adorable.

I have many cats in my life. Three from my previous marriage, Cosmo, Penny & JarJar. JarJar was named before I saw Episode 1 & realized he's an annoying prick. Penny was named for Lil' Penny & Cosmo from the Seinfeld character. Cosmo is the most amazing pet I've ever had. Thankfully I still get to visit him almost daily.

I currently live with four cats, Monty, Mookie, Poe & Bandit. Monty is short for Montecore, the tiger who swiped Roy, Mookie for Mookie Wilson (even though she's a girl), Poe for Edgar Allen Poe (all black female) & Bandit already had a name when we adopted him from the Humane Society.

I love them all like family.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I have to give my dad (Rallen13) props for that one. He introduced that name a long time ago.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

What was the name?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One cat that is nearly 18 years old. She was my wife's childhood pet, but she now jokes the cat and I are "sole mates." If I'm in the house, that cat is following me around or sitting on my lap or giving me head butts to the chin. She's also the most vocal cat I've ever heard. She's got at least 10 different types of meows, including a combination meow/yawn that makes me chuckle every time she does it.

One dog that is nearly 13 years old, that is mine. Half Rottweiler and half Golden Retriever. He's got the size and coloring of a Rott, but the head shape, playfulness and good disposition of a Golden. He's slowing down these days. After two or three trips fetching the tennis ball, he's ready to rest. Used to, he'd go until your arm was sore from throwing it.

I'll be absolutely devastated when ... you know, I can't even type it ... comes for either one.

12. Abbie - short for Abigail ...

Draft saved Draft deleted