1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 8, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sure this has been done before but I'm in too lazy a mood to look it up.

Do you own pets? And if so, what kind? How many? Their names and why?

Little Man and I have three cats -- Homer (a girl...but Little Man named her Homer because he loves the Simpsons), Fuzz (named after a long lost but beloved cat) and Sampson (my ex named him).

I used to be a dog man...because Ruthie always had dogs. But my second ex was a cat woman and I was too whipped to argue.

Actually, I kinda prefer cats now. Not as much work and they're cool. They don't hassle me when I'm tired.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cats are the best. For one thing, you never have to worry about taking them out for a walk or to shit. And their loyalty is pure, unlike dogs, who are trained to never live without you.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Me and my little horse ...

[​IMG]

Shep is a 97-pound maremma sheepdog and the most amazing creature I have ever encountered. A bad day at the office is changed when I see his face.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Some people have kids. I have these two lovely creatures.

Stan

[​IMG]

Maggie

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Flash...that picture...the background and the dog....and you....

Wow.

6. That is a ginormous doggie

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Thank you ... when Shep and I came together, I knew I'd finally found the love of my life (and he's not trained to live without me, he's trained to accompany and protect me, his breed can turn feral and tear apart a coyote in a heartbeat).

As for the background, those are the majestic Rockies. As breathtaking a site as one could ever behold on some days ...

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

[​IMG]

Little Man and Sampson

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Little Man is as cute as a button.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Two cats, both stray kittens which turned up at my door about two years apart.

I had to work the second one out of the space between my fan belt and battery one cold morning. If I hadn't heard her yowling, she'd have been diced meat.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you. And he has, by all accounts, an even sweeter heart than I do.

12. Jones is gonna be mad again.

Oh, wait, nevermind.

Draft saved Draft deleted