1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets of SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Aug 16, 2008.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Thanks, KG. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. We live on 3 acres and an acre of that is up front. We never used a leash with him. No need to. We think it was the same with him. There must have been a rabbit or a something.

It was different from when you put a pet down. That really hurts. But nothing like this. I was at work, getting ready to park a plane when I got the call. If you were on that flight, I apologize for the delay.

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

I like puggles and would adopt one. They seem cute, friendly, not too yappy (hopefully) and don't shed too badly. Only thing is, I hate the pug nose. I'd need one that had more face of a beagle. Though the one you posted is fine and I'd like that.

Puggle face = YES:
    [​IMG]

Standard pug face = NO:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

That kittie looks pissed. Still cute, mind you, but pissed. Probably planning your wife's demise.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I damn near adopted this little girl yesterday, Jay. She's tearing at my heart. Sassy:

[​IMG]

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I've never heard of a puggle, but oh my goodness, how CUTE!

If I could convince Mr. Rosie we should have two dogs...

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I give you Patches, my family dog. I forget what breed he is, but he's a few months old now.

[​IMG]

http://a507.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_c59988ce7d669c602415a1c021146bb2.jpg/[IMG]

[IMG]http://a400.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/l_36de2deb4f6f223a236ed4889a27ef97.jpg

[​IMG]

7. Sorry to hear about Motley, KG. Dogs have always been a very important part of my life. When my mom sold our house, I had to give away my beagle since we couldn't have pets in the apartment. Broke my heart. We raised dogs for many, many years -- my mom poodles and miniature dachshunds, my brother boxers and me, beagles. It was so much fun, and we had 16 dogs of our own at one point.

Before Monster, my favorite dog was a Jack Russell Terrier who was my best friend.

I know this will lighten the mood, and I promise it won't offend me when you laugh. My Jack Russell died just before he turned eight when he dug a hole under the air conditioner and electrocuted himself.

His name was Sparky. Registered name was Sparkplug.

Heartbreaking, but ironic.

8. KG

KG Active Member

Note to self,

Think long and hard about your new little girl's name.

Really, I just can't wrap my mind around 16 dogs at once. Talk about a high feeding bill!

9. They were all small dogs except for my brother's two boxers. Wasn't that bad.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The queen of the house is Dottie (fans of the football poll will remember she wrote a story late last season...)
    A rescue dog, who had to be rescued when in her yard with other rescue dogs some fun loving asshole kids decided to throw bologna in the yard to make them fight and she got mauled.
    Ms. Slappy rescued her, took her to the vet and ain't no way they get separated.
    She may come to me for a belly scratch or a treat or some attention, but she's Momma's doggie... Not sure who stressed out more Thursday when she got stung on the paw by a yellowjacket -- the dog or her Momma...
    We'd love to have a second dog, but this one is too jealous...
    Part dalmatian, part bull terrier, part Austrian paper hanger....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. lono

lono Active Member

I once brought an intern home.

Mrs. Lono said I was responsible for feeding and bathing her.

Best two weeks of my life. ;)

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

Draft saved Draft deleted