1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets of SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Aug 16, 2008.

1. This is Monster ... you might remember a couple of pics I posted right after my fiancee got him for me. He's almost six months old now, and I can't believe it. He was about three-four months old in these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. KG

KG Active Member

It's so fun to watch them grow.

TXS, it's great how they can be there for us when we need them most.

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Pressbox, what's the breed of your little guy?

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

This is my buddy boy, Wicket.

[​IMG]

He was my wife's dog when we met. He grew on me and I became attached quickly to him.

Unlike most pomeranians, he wasn't yappy. He was well trained and just a smart little shit. I could tell story after story about his intellegence, but I don't want to bore too much.

About 3 months ago, he was run over by a truck. We don't know why he was in the road. He NEVER went past the hill in our front yard. But he did this once. And by freak accident, he was hit.

We miss him so much. It hurts so bad sometimes when he's not around.

We'll get another pet someday, but right now, we just baby my brother's and mom's dogs.

5. [​IMG]

And my wife's bright idea:

[​IMG]

6. KG

KG Active Member

Pressbox's lil poo looks like a little husky, but maybe a little shepherd too. Isn't it adorable?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn that sucks, BYD. Sorry for your loss.

One of our cats was hit and killed by a car when I was a kid. Still saddens me to think about it.

8. He's a Corgi ... short and long. He's a Pembroke, not a Cardigan -- Cardigan Welsh Corgi's have tails and are a little bigger.

He's a blast, and extremely smart.

Here's a more recent pic, and gives you an idea about how big he is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. KG

KG Active Member

Bydesign,

I'm so sorry to hear about Wicket. The same thing happened to my little guy Motley at about the same time. It was so devastating. He never went near the road either, but for some reason he did that night. We're assuming he took off after a bunny and never even realized how far he'd run, but we'll never know. This is why we now have a fenced back yard. Well, half of it was put up today and the rest will be done after church tomorrow.

I just can't go through that kind of pain again. I blame myself for not being the one to take them out to potty that night, and I blame both me and my husband for trusting them off the leashes. Unless it's something you've been through, you just don't understand. I don't even understand. Even as I was going through it I couldn't believe the deep pain I was feeling.

I cried, and I mean really cried for two weeks. After the two weeks, I was depressed and would tear up when I looked out the kitchen window towards his grave. Every time, all I could think was, "I'm so sorry Motley. Mommy failed you."

My other dog, Travis, is just about the only thing that really got me through it as quickly as I did. He stayed next to me at all times, snuggled a little closer when I slept, and gently put his head and paw up on me when I cried. It was the toughest pet loss I've ever been through (the first since adulthood).

R.I.P. Motley
    [​IMG]

After I started to get over the pain of the loss, I realized that I wasn't the only one who lost someone. Poor Travis lost his friend and playmate. I knew I needed to get another one, which I wanted to be a two-dog family anyway, so finally today I found the right little girl for us.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Press: I'm so jealous of you, press. PWCs are my second favorite type of dogs.

bydesign: did he get named after the Ewok of the same name?

Jay: you should consider a puggle (half pug, half beagle). I'm paying off the last of my debt and adopting one as soon as I can. They're small dogs, coloring and wrinkley-ness of a pug, shape of a beagle. Here's a picture of a puppy:

[​IMG]

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn, KG, that's a bummer about Motley.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I made a little tribute video that I tortured myself through watching way too many times shortly after it happened. I may still never be able to listen to The Luckiest without feeling a little sad, or at least thinking of Motley.

Draft saved Draft deleted