1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets of SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 1, 2021.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

This you?

[​IMG]

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Photo Sep 26, 7 34 03 PM.jpeg
    Royal's on the left, Star is on the right.
    Royal (Chief Security Officer) was found in a Whataburger parking lot in October 2015. He spent the first night with me hiding in the framework of my dishwasher from the yelling happening around the ALCS on the TV. He has since noticed the warning signs of when I am watching sports, and takes precautions thusly.
    Star (Director of Lap Warming) was discovered by my best friend's mother, who kept her until I was in a spot to take her. She is my sweet cat who is a whole 4.5 pounds and believes any second she cannot spend in my lap is a moment wasted.

As for the cats vs. dogs debate: I love dogs. Everyone assumes that because I've got 2 cats that I hate dogs. I don't have a house with a yard. Sometimes, I will work for 12-15 hours. It's much more beneficial for me to not have to worry about an animal at home because my day went overlong. Plus, I can go on a weekend getaway and just leave some extra food out for the kitties and they can take care of themselves.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you can make me read six long paragraphs on your pet rabbits, you are a genuine, no doubt about it storyteller. Well done @maumann.

Batman, SFIND, OscarMadison and 3 others like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We had a rabbit once. It died.

Songbird, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Batman, SFIND, OscarMadison and 4 others like this.
  6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

DCCB0884-EEE7-40FA-8AC8-7B527E615424.jpeg GCH CH Aperture Phantom of the Opera RN FCAT ACT2 SCA RATO CGC TKI, my dog who managed to survive last summer’s fractured skull and an E. coli infection

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

FC603C0F-EC7E-4B9E-AF5D-0EDB7E1BEBE3.jpeg 1ADB9D1F-7B7A-42CB-AD13-C619BCF76FE8.jpeg Wilhaus Player of the Year “Tyler” who takes his job of being perfect very seriously
    Aperture Go Go Gadget RN OA OAJ BCAT ACT2 CGCA TKN, Opie’s uncle who doesn’t have a drop of Opie’s confidence but always tries so hard for me.

maumann, Songbird, Wenders and 4 others like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I don't think Wrigley has any whippet in him, but I definitely think greyhound. He has the same barrel chest and narrow haunches. And he can run like the wind.

maumann likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Greyhound faces. Le sigh...

maumann likes this.
  11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

The Dope will be competing in Westminster next month. All breed rings will be live-streamed.

maumann, Wenders, Slacker and 4 others like this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted