1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

petrino to arkansas!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If Petrino is as big a failure as Schultz says, then why doesn't some of the blame fall on McKay and Blank for hiring him?

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't think so. There aren't many great backs in this draft. He'll go high ... and who knows ... staying another year could just as easily hurt his stock. I bet a lot of teams will love his low number of college carries.

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

McKay should clearly be on the hot seat as well. I'll give him a pass on the Schaub trade not knowing the Vick situation would unravel like it did, but he fucked up big time at the kicker position not just this year, but last as well. And that directly cost them a game at Jacksonville this year. His #1 draft pick, a top ten selection mind you, barely registers on the stat sheet and has zero, yes zero sacks as a starting DE. He spends megabucks on a barely used FB. I would guess the leash is pretty short on McKay right now as well.

And say what you want about the Schultz column, but he hit a couple points square on: Petrino's communication skills were appalling: Harrington finding out he's benched from the media; the players hearing their coach has quit from John Clayton instead of the man himself.

The Falcons will be much better off without Petrino. And Arkansas will soon find out there's a new species of snake in their fair state.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

If memory serves the times Jones played w/o McFadden (and vice versa) the remaining back didn't fare very well.
    Yes, people know McFadden, but plenty of teams in the NFL are already more than willing to spend a draft pick on Jones. He really has nothing to prove.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Has there been a coach who has gone from college to the NFL who has been successful other than Jimmie Johnson and Barry Switzer? Butch Davis left Miami and got the Browns to the playoffs in 2002, but that was the only winning season for him in Cleveland out of four.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Q. What kind of assholes hold a press conference announcing their new coach at 11:40 p.m. EST?

A. Arkansas assholes.

8. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Is this a press conference or a pep rally?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, Jeebus. They're doing the pig call. Did they not learn from Altman?

10. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Ok...this shit answers my fucking question..

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I just watched a room full of adults act like that.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh. My. God. Are there ANY actual journalists there? Or just retards in Arkansas gear?

Or ARE those the journalists? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted